Sunsets On The Boulevard is Friday, May 12
Wheat & Water is proud to take part in another Sunsets On The Boulevard! After the fantastic response on April 7th, we're hoping to grow the event throughout the summer. Some new businesses have joined in on the neighborhood-wide shopping and dining event, and we're excited for another new business joining our neighborhood, Be Seen Optics, which will be located at 5702 La Jolla Boulevard in Suite 102. We've included a full list of businesses participating at the bottom of the blog post. You can also click the graphic above for a download of the flyer and map. We look forward to seeing you out!
Sunsets on the Boulevard at WHEAT & WATER
Our new Executive Chef, Christian Fiol, joins our team with a resume that includes Cucina Urbana, Galaxy Taco and Fireside by the Patio Group. (We'll have more on Christian on a future post). Chef Christian has been working alongside founding partner Ted Cochrane and our culinary team to add some fantastic new dishes for our summer menu.
During Friday, May 12th, guests can expect to get a preview of the changes to come, and some exciting new offerings include:
- Grilled Spanish Octopus Arrabiata sauce, castelvetrano olives, pickled tomatoes, crispy pepperoni, frisee, radish.
- Strawberry & Spinach Salad Fresh strawberries, pickled green strawberries, toasted almonds, crispy quinoa, spiced honey vinaigrette, queso fresco.
- Summer Citrus Salad Orange + grapefruit, fennel, avocado, mixed greens, white balsamic & orange vinaigrette, fresh horseradish.
- Beet & Blue Cheese Salad Marinated beets, spiced pepitas, cucumber, arugula, sage honey, tossed in lemon vinaigrette.
And of course, the new pizzas:
- Potato & Leek White sauce, bacon, mozzarella, parmesan, fresh herbs.
- La Pitza Braised pork shoulder in salsa verde, jalapenos, caramelized onions, mozzarella, parmesan, hoja santa, cotija cheese, pickled onions, cilantro.
- Spinach & House Made Ricotta White Sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, roasted garlic, chili flake, lemon zest.
- Summer Squash White sauce, roasted zucchini + summer squash, house made mozzarella, shaved garlic, cherry tomatoes, parmesan, Brussel leaves, chili flakes, mint.
Specific to the Sunsets On the Boulevard, Chef Christian is creating a bruschetta plate, so visiting guests can order in some shared, small bites and get a sample of what's to come.
What to Drink
Head Bartender Ashley Moore is getting us in the summer mood with $6 Mai Tai's. The fantastic tiki cocktail originated way back in 1944 at Trader Vic's in San Francisco with aged rum, cointreau, lime juice and orgeat (almond syrup). Build one at home, or come visit us Friday for one or two... or five.
Recipe for Wheat & Water's Mai Tai:
- 1 1/2 oz Aged rum
- 3/4 oz Triple sec
- 1 oz Lime juice
- 1/2 oz Orgeat
- Pour over ice into a pineapple-shaped mug.*
* Whereas the pineapple-shaped mug is not required for Mai Tai consumption, it has been scientifically proven to enhance its aromatics and drinkability; therefore greatly improving the overall experience of those looking to fully enjoy the Mai Tai. Of course, we at Wheat & Water serve all our Mai Tai's in pineapple-shaped mugs.
We are also wrapping up a fantastic run with featured brewery, Societe Brewing. With four IPA options, a Belgian ale and a stout, our guests have had their hands full checking out the brewer. Next up is long-time friends over at Hess Brewing on May 19th. Mark your calendars, because we are featuring three versions of their rotating West Coast IPA series, Solis Occasus, plus their Grapefruit Solis and 8 West Orange Honey Wheat. Can't wait!
Stop In & Shop
- Just Run Shoes & Gear
- Riffs Studios Guitars & Yoga Open Mic Night & 25% off music lesson packages
- Bird Rock Surf Shop
- The Bird Rock Massage Studio
- All About Animals In-store Specials
- The Rush Indoor Cycling Studio
- KOI Wellbeing ”Mom Shot” only $30 (reg. $65) & refreshments
- Progress Bird Rock Mother's Day Specials on cards & gifts; Free succulent with purchase of a ceramic planter
- La Jolla Mailbox Rentals
- Mimi & Red Mother’s Day Flower Pop Up Shop
- A Better Deal Designer Tuxedos & Suits Refreshments
- Chase Bank Bird Rock
- Nightingale Music 20% Off All Retail
- IS Architecture Cookies to decorate; Free juice & water
- Shabby Chic
- Needlepoint of La Jolla
- Whitelight Pilates
- Be Seen Optics Business Preview! 20% discount coupon on a complete pair of glasses once open
- Waylon Salon 10% Off Boutique Items
- Studio Barre 25% Off Boutique & Special New Client Discount
- Glo Beauty Bar
- iSweat Lodge Raffle for Free Sessions, Special Prices & try out the whole body Vibration machine
- Green Flip Flops
- Kalabash School of Music
- Adrenalina Skate Shop 30% off any Riviera Deck or Riviera complete longboard or skateboard cruiser; Free stickers for kids
- Pacific Training Center 50% off Day Passes for Afternoon Boxing & Muay Thai Classes
- Alma Music
- Moonglow Design La Jolla Art Gallery
Drinks & Dining
- Don Bravo Grill
- Lupi Vino Cucina
- Seaside Smoothie & Juice Bar
- Farm to Fork Juice Salad & Juice Samples
- Beaumont’s Eatery $5 Drinks & $8 Eats from 5-8pm
- LJ Crafted Wines
- Bird Rock Coffee Roasters
- Bird Rock Fine Wine Free taste of Spanish Rosé with any purchased tasting
- Voce Del Mare The Johnny Keys Quartet feat. Mark Lessman on sax
- Wheat & Water New Menu Preview & $6 Mai Tai's